Kit Turnbull (b. 1969) is a British composer, producer and bassoonist.
From 1997 he studied composition with Martin Ellerby at the London College of Music where he subsequently became a course leader and composition tutor. He began his musical career as a keyboard player in a rock band before joining Her Majesty's Royal Marines Band Service in 1991 as a bassoonist.
A recipient of the Silver Medal of the Worshipful Company of Musicians in 1998, he has since completed numerous commissions that have been performed, broadcast and recorded all over the world.
Since 2001 he has worked as a freelance CD producer for Polyphonic Reproductions working with the Royal Northern College of Music Wind Orchestra, RAF Central Band, Grimethorpe Colliery Band and Fodens Band. He is also a tutor of composition and arranging to the Royal Air Force Music Services.
Works for Winds
- In the Realm of the Sun King (2007)
- Mosiac (2008)
- Rychemount Chronicles, The (2004)
- Scenes from Childhood (2010)
- Will Ye No' Come Back Again (2014)
- Kit Turnbull website
- Leyva, Jess. "Scenes from Childhood." In Teaching Music through Performance in Band. Volume 9, edit. & comp. by Richard Miles, 755-763. Chicago: GIA Publications, 2013.