- Bass Drum
- Brake Drum
- China Cymbals
- Cowbells (2)
- Kick Drum
- Log Drum
- Marimba I-II
- Opera Gong
- Splash Cymbal
- Suspended Cymbal
- Tom-toms (4)
- Wood Block (large)
None discovered thus far.
Written for nine players, this advanced composition uses a variety of textures, instruments, and techniques to create a driving and intense feel. The 5/8 time signature dominates the groove throughout the five-minute piece. Traditional band room instruments are used with the addition of these instruments: 4 octave marimba, 4.3 octave marimba, log drum, two China cymbals, two brake drums and a Chinese opera gong. With driving solo statements, complex interwoven rhythms, and an organic ostinato to drive it, this piece is sure to offer an intense and entertaining musical experience.
- Program Note from publisher
Commissioned by the Seguin High School Percussion Ensemble, Seguin, Texas, Tim Sivils, director.
- Program Note from score
- Indiana: ISSMA JH/MS/ELEM BAND GROUP I
- Ohio: 651 - PERCUSSION ENS A
- Texas: Percussion Ensemble Class 1
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Harlan High School (San Antonio, Tx.) Band (Andrew Tucker, conductor) – 11 February 2022 (2022 TMEA Conference, San Antonio)
- Bellaire (Tx.) High School Percussion Ensemble – 23 March 2019
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Casella, J. (2006). Katraterra: For Percussion Ensemble [score]. Tapspace Publications: Portland, Ore.
- Jim Casella website Accessed 12 February 2022