So Ka-wai (b. 1984, Hong Kong) is a Hong Kong composer.
So Ka-wai obtained both his undergraduate and M.Phil degree at Hong Kong Baptist University, majoring in music composition under the supervision of Prof. Christopher Keyes and Dr. Christopher Coleman.
So Ka-wai is one of the Hong Kong composers focusing on wind band music. So has received several commissions, including "Four Supernatural Constellations", "The Utterance of Wind" and saxophone concerto "Infatuazione".
His works have been premiered local and overseas, including ACL Conference and Festival (2011, Taipei), Yogyakarta Contemporary Music Festival (Indonesia), the XVI World Saxophone Congress (Scotland) and Kagoshima Asian Youth Arts Festival (Japan). Moreover, his works were selected as set pieces frequently in the Hong Kong Schools Music Festival.
Works for Winds
- Drunken Xuanwu (2016)
- Fantasy Overture
- Four Supernatural Constellations (2012)
- Reflection (2006)
- Rites of Qinglong (2014)
- Surrealistic Reflections (2015)
- Symphony "Firmament-Eternity-Fantasy" (2007)
- Tricks (2006)
- The Utterance of Wind (2013)
- So, Ka-wei website Accessed 31 July 2017
- "So,Ka-wai M - Hong Kong." International Society for Contemporary Music. Accessed 31 July 2017