Joshua D. Tomlinson (b. 1986, Outer Banks, N.C.) is an American composer, educator, and electroacoustic music and technology designer.
Dr. Tomlinson completed his DMA in composition at the University of Oklahoma in May 2019. He is currently instructor and area coordinator of music technology at the University of North Florida.
His compositions have been performed at various conferences and festivals throughout the world, including Australia, Europe, South America, and the United States.
Tomlinson serves on the steering committee of the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival and has participated as a composer and assistant technical director at NYCEMF since 2012. He is also the founder and director of the Jacksonville Electroacoustic Music Festival (jemFEST).
Works for Winds
- Another Jaunt (2017)
- Death Before Decaf (2022)
- Oh, Let Them Play! (2016)
- A Quasi-Friendly Political Discourse Becomes Heated (2012)
- Theophany: Somewhere Between the Canyon and Stars (2019)
- Trial by Fire (2021)
- Joshua D. Tomlinson website Accessed 15 November 2021