It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
- Bass Drum
- Drum Set
- Sleigh Bells
- Suspended Cymbal
None discovered thus far.
John Moss's arrangements for the holiday season have been some of the best around and his newest chart is no different. His show-style arranging is perfectly suited to this light-hearted favorite.
- Program Note from publisher
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year is a popular Christmas song written in 1963 by Edward Pola and George Wyle. It was recorded and released that year by pop singer Andy Williams for his first Christmas album, The Andy Williams Christmas Album.
The song is a celebration and description of activities associated with the Christmas season, focusing primarily on get-togethers between friends and families. Among the activities included in the song is the telling of "scary ghost stories," a Victorian Christmas tradition that has mostly fallen into disuse, but survives in the seasonal popularity of numerous adaptations of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Other activities mentioned include hosting parties, spontaneous visits from friends, universal social gaiety, spending time with loved ones, sledding for children, kissing under the mistletoe, roasting marshmallows, sharing stories about previous Christmases, and singing Christmas carols weather.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project St Charles (Mo.) Municipal Band (Andrew Pulliam, conductor) - 1 December 2022
- Rancho Cordova (Calif.) River City Concert Band (Tom Seaton, conductor) - 8 December 2019
- Sidney (B.C.) Concert Band (Bruce Ham, conductor) – 9 December 2019
- Northwestern Michigan College (Traverse City) Concert Band (Patricia Brumbaugh, conductor) - 16 December 2018
- Cheshire (Conn.) High School Symphonic Band (John L. Kuhner, conductor) – 18 December 2018
- Sidney (BC, Can.) Concert Band (Bruce Ham, conductor) – 3 December 2018
- Encore Concert Band (Makena, Ill.) (Jan Weiland, conductor) – 10 December 2017
- Saddleback College Wind Ensemble (Mission Viejo, Calif.) (Yorgos Kouritas, conductor) – 7 December 2017
- Callanwode Concert Band (Decatur, Ga.) (Glenn Moore, conductor) – 3 December 2017
- Flint (Mich.) Concert Band (Bruce Nieuwenhuis, conductor) – 15 December 2016
- Gateway Concert Band (Enumclaw, Wash.) (Jack Prindle, conductor) – 7 December 2015
- Lone Star Symphonic Band (Kay, Tex.) (Bob Bryant, conductor) - 14 December 2014
- Vienna (VA) Community Band (Cornelius Young, conductor) - 14 December 2014
- MTS Wnd Symphony (Ben Case, conductor) - December 2012
Works for Winds by This Composer
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (arr. Moss) (1963/1994)
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (arr. Sharp) (1963/2009)
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (arr. Story) (1963/2007)
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (arr. McMillen) (1963/)
- Marching Along Together
- Old Mister Whiskers
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Edward Pola." Accessed 23 December 2014
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Wikipedia Accessed 23 January 2016
- Pola, E.; Wylie, G.; Moss, J. (1994). It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year [score]. Hal Leonard: Milwaukee, Wisc.