Subtitle: Fantasía española para banda sinfónica
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone I-II
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Flugelhorn I-II
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
Percussion I-II-III-IV, including:
- Bass Drum
- Crash Cymbals
- Flamenco Box
- Suspended Cymbal
None discovered thus far.
It’s a fantasy for concert band dedicated to the Municipal Band of Alicante (Valencia, Spain) and an homage to the great Spanish composers of the late nineteenth and twentieth century. Those composers nurtured our country culture and taken it beyond our borders, composers who have made their music part of our lives and the Spanish National Culture before, now and forever.
With this piece, I wanted to make a nod to the nationalist compositional language of late nineteenth and twentieth centuries and give a fresh touch without losing the traditional essence and of course using traditional rhythmic dances of our folklore.
The Alicante Municipal Band has never missed music in their programming from our ancestors, so with this piece I want to offer a badge to the band, who can proudly wear everywhere and with a stamp with “Alicantina´s roots”, such as mine.
- Program Note by composer
Para la Banda Municipal de Alicante por su primer centenario 1913-2013.
- Program Note from score
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of North Texas (Denton) Wind Symphony (Eugene Migliaro Corporon, conductor) – 28 April 2022
- Lone Star Wind Orchestra (Dallas, Tx.) (Eugene Migliaro Corporon, conductor) - 24 April 2022
- Grand Symphonic Winds (Twin Cities, Minn.) (Matthew George, conductor) – 27 February 2016 (CBDNA 2016 North Central Division Conference, Ames, Iowa)
- Banda Municipal de Alicante (Spain) (José Rafel Pascual Vilaplana, conductor) – 2013
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Bestiarium Suite
- Concerto for Oboe and Wind Band. See: Legacy
- Concerto for Clarinet (2006)
- Downey Overture (2011)
- El Arca de Noé (2011)
- El Olimpo de los Dioses (tr. Alvarez and Navarro) (2015)
- Font Negra (2015)
- The Fly. See: Bestiarium Suite
- The Gods of Olympus. See: El Olimpo de los Dioses
- Hell And Heaven (2019)
- Hispania (2013)
- II Concerto (2012)
- Jumper Clarinet (2009/2016)
- Latent Emotions (2016)
- Legacy (2015/2016)
- The Mountains of Switzerland (2018)
- The Musketeers (2019)
- Shanghai (2009)
- The 7 Trumpets of the Apocalypse
- Navarro, O. (2016). Hispania : Fantasía española para banda sinfónica [score]. Óscar Navarro Music: Madrid, Spain.
- Óscar Navarro website Accessed 2 September 2018