Highlights from "Wicked"
Stephen Schwartz (arr. Michael Brown)
This article is a stub. If you can help add information to it,
please join the WRP and visit the FAQ (left sidebar) for information.
Year: 2004 / 2005
Duration: c. 5:15
Difficulty: III (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Cost: Score and Parts (print) - $65.00 | Score Only (print) - $7.50
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
The hottest show on Broadway in 2004, this engaging story of everyone's two favorite witches from Oz features terrific songs destined to become classics. Includes: No One Mourns the Wicked; I'm Not That Girl; Defying Gravity; No Good Deed and For Good.
- Program Note from publisher
Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and book by Winnie Holzman. It is based on the 1995 Gregory Maguire novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, an alternative telling of the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz and L. Frank Baum's classic 1900 story, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
The musical is told from the perspective of the witches of the Land of Oz; its plot begins before and continues after Dorothy's arrival in Oz from Kansas, and it includes several references to the 1939 film and Baum's novel. Wicked tells the story of two unlikely friends, Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) and Galinda (whose name later changes to Glinda the Good Witch), who struggle through opposing personalities and viewpoints, rivalry over the same love-interest, reactions to the Wizard's corrupt government and, ultimately, Elphaba's public fall from grace.
- Program Note from Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Whitewater High School (Fayetteville, Ga.) Symphonic Band (John Roberts, conductor) – 2 May 2019
- Lodi (Calif.) Community Band (Art Holton, conductor) – 10 June 2017
- Charlottesville (Va.) Municipal Band (Stephen R. Layman, conductor) – 20 June 2017
- Illiana Combined Bands (Patricia Menninga, conductor) – 20 May 2010
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Defying Gravity (arr. Bocook) (2003/2010)
- Defying Gravity (arr. Sadler) (2003)
- For Good from "Wicked" (arr. Richard) (2004)
- Godspell Highlights (arr. Bullock)
- Highlights from "Wicked" (arr. Brown) (2004/2005)
- The Prince of Egypt (with Zimmer; arr. Bocook) (1998/1999)
- Selections from "Wicked" (arr. Bocook) (2004)
- Selections from "Wicked" (arr. Nowlin) (2004)
- When You Believe (arr. Moss)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Stephen Schwartz." Accessed 4 November 2016
- Schwartz, S.; Brown, M. (2005). Highlights from Wicked [score]. Hal Leonard: Milwaukee, Wisc.