Hans Florian Zimmer (b. 12 September 1957, Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany) is a German film composer and music producer.
For nearly three decades Zimmer has composed music for over 100 films including some critically acclaimed film scores, such as The Lion King, Gladiator and The Dark Knight. Some of his recent compositions for motion pictures are Sherlock Holmes (2009), Inception (2010), Megamind (2010), Rango (2011), Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011), and Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011).
Zimmer spent the early part of his career in the United Kingdom before moving to United States. He is the head of the film music division at DreamWorks studios, and woks with other composers through the company which he founded, Remote Control Productions. His works are notable for integrating electronic music sounds with traditional orchestral arrangements. He has received four Grammy Awards, two Golden Globes, a Classical BRIT Award, and an Academy Award. He is named also on the list of the “Top 100 living geniuses”, published by The Daily Telegraph.
Works for Winds
- The Dark Knight Suite (arr. Lopez) (2008)
- Gladiator, Highlights (arr. Murtha)
- The Gladiators (with Pozsa; arr. Phillippe) (1959/2000/2001)
- Hans Zimmer: Movie Milestones (arr. Brown) (2017)
- Kung Fu Panda (with Powell; arr. Hjortenhammar) (2008-11/2016)
- Music from "Gladiator" (arr. Wasson) (2000/2002)
- Pearl Harbor Soundtrack Highlights (arr. Bocook) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (arr. Morita)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (arr. Bocook) (2007)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (arr. Bocook) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (arr. Ricketts) (2006)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (arr. Brown) (2011)
- The Prince of Egypt (with Schwartz; arr. Bocook) (1998/1999)
- Roll Tide
- Selections from "The Lion King" (with Elton John; arr. Lavender) (1994)
- Suite from "Man of Steel" (arr. Ford) (2014)
- You're So Cool (arr. Chantry)