Gavin Lendt (b. 1975, Maryland) is an American composer, conductor and hornist.
Lendt was born in the East Coast and raised in the Midwest. He studied composition at the University of Kansas with James Barnes and has had private instruction with luminary composers such as Stephen Melillo, John Mackey, Julie Giroux, Charles Rochester Young and Gabriela Frank.
Lendt's music is known for incorporating rich harmonies and dramatic counter lines. Both students and teachers find his music accessible and enjoyable to play. Gavin has received several commissions throughout the United States including a grant from the Iowa Arts Council. He was also the winner of the University of Kansas New Music Ensemble Composition Contest.
An avid horn player, Lendt has performed with the Topeka Symphony, Kansas City Civic Orchestra, Hollywood Hills Orchestra and the Lenexa Orchestra. He is also the conductor and main arranger for the Kansas City Horn Club, a nonprofit organization designed to share enthusiasm and increase interest for the horn.
Works for Winds
All Wind Works
- Altitude Adjustment (2016)
- An American Dreamer (2004)
- Ancient Skies (2013)
- Ascent to Quandary Peak (2019)
- The Battlemage (2018)
- The Battlemage (Flex instrumentation) (2018/2020)
- A Bicycle for the Mind (2013)
- Champions of the Crown (2020)
- Debbie's Dance (2014)
- Epoch Arising (2020)
- Fountain of Time (2013)
- Harvest Overture (2009)
- Heroes Triumphant (2011)
- In Shepherd’s Sight…A Silent Night (2010)
- Long May We Reign (2020)
- Memento (2014)
- Of Surf and Shore (2013)
- Waltzing with Dragons (2016)
- A Wind in Time (2022)
- Zombie Raiders
- Zombie Raiders (Flex instrumentation) (2015/2020)
- Gavin Lendt website Accessed 14 August 2020