Fantasia for Band
Contrabassoon (doubles the String Bass part)
Eb Soprano Clarinet I-II
Bb Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
Eb Alto Clarinet
Bb Bass Clarinet
Eb Alto Saxophone I-II
Bb Tenor Saxophone
Eb Baritone Saxophone
Bb Bass Saxophone
Cornet (in Bb) I-II-III
Trumpet (in Bb) - Note: The trumpet part simply doubles the cornet part.
Horns in F I-II-III-IV
String Bass (doubles the Contrabassoon part)
Percussion I-II-III, including:
- Bass Drum
- Cymbals (crash)
- Snare Drum
The following errors are in the score:
- m. 21, Bb Soprano Clarinet I & II: The entire measure should be slurred.
- m. 44, Alto Sax II: The "D" should be marked "pp."
- m. 53, Bb Soprano Clarinet I & II: The two middle 8th notes should be connected with a slur.
- m. 95, Eb Soprano Clarinet: The downbeat should be marked "f."
- m. 207, Eb Alto Clarinet: The final note should be an F-sharp, not an F-natural.
- m. 208, Oboe II: The E-natural should be an E-flat.
- m. 209, Eb Alto Clarinet: The F-natural should be an F-sharp.
The following error is in the parts and the score:
- Bb Soprano Clarinet II, m. 165: first three notes should be a B-flat, not a B-natural (to match up with tenor sax)
(Needed, please join the WRP if you can help.)
- Florida: V
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of Georgia Concert Winds (Nikk Pilato, conductor) - 16 February 2009
Additional Works for Winds by this Composer
- Dedication Overture
- Fantasia for Band (1963)
- Praeludium and Allegro (1959)
- Symphony No. 3 (1958)
- Variations and Fugue (1967)