Fanfare from "Requiem"
Giuseppe Verdi (ed. Charles Decker)
Subtitle: For Eight B-flat Trumpets
B-flat Trumpet I-VIII
None discovered thus far.
The Messa da Requiem is a musical setting of the Catholic funeral mass (Requiem) for four soloists, double choir and orchestra by Giuseppe Verdi. It was composed in memory of Alessandro Manzoni, an Italian poet and novelist whom Verdi admired. The first performance, at the San Marco church in Milan on 22 May 1874, marked the first anniversary of Manzoni's death.
The Sanctus (a complicated eight-part fugue scored for double chorus) begins with a brassy fanfare to announce him "who comes in the name of the Lord".
- Program Note from Wikipedia
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Northern Illinois University (DeKalb) Wind Symphony (Thomas Bough, conductor) – 26 February 2020
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Adagio (arr. Hautvast)
- Ah! Fors e lui - Sempre Libera from "La Traviata" (arr. Barrow) (1973)
- Aïda: Prelude (arr. Hautvast) (/2010)
- Anvil Chorus (tr. McAlister and Graham) (1853/2008)
- Ave Maria volgarizzata da Dante (arr. Hartman) (1880/2019)
- Ballabili (arr. Van der Beek) (1847/1865/1997)
- Ballet Music from "Otello" (tr. Patterson) (1887/2003)
- Bolero from "The Sicilian Vespers" (tr. Sousa) (1855)
- Di Quella pira (arr. Hanna) (1853/)
- Dies Irae (arr. Bocook) (1874/1998)
- Excerpts from "Manzoni Requiem" (arr. Mollenhauer) (1869/1874/1965)
- Fanfare from "Requiem" (arr. Decker) (1874/1989)
- Il Balen del Suo Sorriso from "Il Trovatore" (arr. Brittain) (2009)
- La Battaglia di Legnano (arr. Kalischnig) (1986)
- La Forza del Destino (tr. Cesarini) (1862/1995)
- March from "Aida" (arr. Seredy) (1871/1898/1964)
- Nabucco (tr. Saurer) (1841/2004)
- Nabucco Overture (tr. Cailliet) (1842/1959)
- Overture to "Joan of Arc" (arr. Rollinson) (1845/1902)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Lake and Hunt) (1862/1946)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Odom) (1862)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Patterson) (1862/2012)
- Overture to "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Rogers) (1862/1980)
- Overture: "La Forza del Destino" (arr. Suzuki) (1862/2017)
- Overture to "Luisa Miller" (arr. Pruyn) (1849/1988)
- Overture to "Nabucco" (tr. Cailliet) (1841/1959)
- Overture to "Nabucco" (arr. Neumann) (1841/2020)
- Overture to "Nabucco" (arr. Rhea) (1841)
- Prelude to Act I of "La Traviata" (ed. Falcone) (1853/1966)
- Requiem (tr. Patterson) (1874/2005)
- Rigoletto-Fantasie (arr. Goldhammer) (1851/2002)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. Evžen Zámečník) (1871)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. McAlister; ed. Reed) (1871)
- Triumphal March from "Aida" (arr. Richard) (1871/2012)
- Requiem (Verdi), Wikipedia Accessed 11 September 2020
- Verdi, G.; Decker, C. (1989). Fanfare from Requiem: For Eight B♭ Trumpets [score]. Encore Music: Troy, Mich.