E K R Hammell
E.K.R. (Evan) Hammell (b. 1993) is a Canadian composer, arranger, and music editor.
Evan received a Bachelor of Music Composition degree from the University of Toronto in 2017.
He is interested in the pursuit of unstoppable forward momentum. A recipient of the Lloyd Carr-Harris Composition prize, his original music and arrangements have been performed by the Canadian Men’s Chorus; Denis Wick Canadian Wind Orchestra; Prince Edward Island Symphony Orchestra; That Choir; Saskatchewan Honour Band; Charlottetown Festival Orchestra; Confederation Brass; Washington All-State Honor Band; Central Bucks High School West Choir; and the University of Toronto Wind Ensemble.
As a professional sheet music engraver and score editor Mr. Hammell has prepared scores for the likes of: the artistic director of the largest Bollywood festival in Canada; acclaimed Canadian classical-contemporary composers Larysa Kuzmenko and Imant Raminsh; and leading Canadian musical theatre MD Bob Foster, including a new edition of the conductor/vocal book for a Guinness World Record-breaking musical (Anne of Green Gables – The Musical).
Works for Winds
- Anticipation (2021)
- Cluster of Cells (as adapter) (2018)
- Game of Thrones (as arranger) (2011/2016/2021)
- I Shall Not Forget (tr. Hammell) (2017/2021)
- Martha My Dear (as arranger) (1968/2016/2021)
- Nerve & Verve (2020)
- Sandcastles (2022)
- Skyline (2018)
- Stardust Dunes (2020)
- Toxic (as arranger) (2003/2018/2021)
- When the Sun Comes After Rain (as arranger) (2012/2016)
- A Winter Dawn (tr. Hammell) (2017/2019)
- E.K.R. Hammell website Accessed 1 December 2018