Duration: c. 12:00
Difficulty: V (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Kalmus, through Keiser Southern Music
Cost: Score and Parts - Unknown
1. Ronde des Archers
2. Chanson Lesbienne
3. Petite Valse
4. Stella Matutina
B-flat Clarinet I-II
Horn in F
None discovered thus far.
The Deuxieme Suite is written with five movements: I. Ronde des Archers, II. Chanson Lesbienne, III. Petite Waltz, IV. Stella Matutina and V. Menuet. The instrumentation for both suites is a little unusual for the time, as Dubois uses only one oboe and one horn. Most of the wind chamber music compositions during this time were written for pairs of winds. These are light, airy pieces of no great magnitude; yet they are enjoyable to perform and worthwhile works to add to any ensemble's repertoire.
- Program Note by Rodney Winther from "An Annotated Guide to Wind Chamber Music"
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- University of Colorado Boulder Chamber Winds (Derek Stoughton, conductor) - 26 September 2021
- Taipei Chamber Pkayers (Lin Yu-Min, conductor) - 21 January 2018
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Au Jardin: Petite Suite for Winds
- Besoin, pour vivre
- La Farandole: Ballet Selection (1907)
- La Provençale et Adagio
- Premiere Suite (1898)
- Deuxieme Suite (1898)
- Dubois, T. (1993). Deuxieme Suite pour Instruments à Vent [score]. Leduc: Paris, France.
- Winther, Rodney. An Annotated Guide to Wind Chamber Music. Alfred Music, 2016.