David Lovrien (b. 1963, Lincoln, Neb.) is an American composer and saxophonist.
Mr. Lovrien was educated at the University of North Texas. He has been a member of the saxophone section of Dallas Wind Symphony since 1990, performing on 10 of the group’s 13 compact discs and appearing several times as featured soloist. He is also a founding member of the renowned Texas Saxophone Quartet, the first saxophone ensemble to win the prestigious Fischoff Competition in 1988.
His compositions and arrangements have been performed throughout the world, and his website celebrating the life and work of John Philip Sousa is recognized as the foremost Sousa authority on the Internet.
Mr. Lovrien makes his living as a technology manager in Carrolton, Texas.
Works for Winds
- Adeste Fideles (2006)
- Alpine Legion (1983/2007)
- Ark of Hope, An
- Away in a Manger (arr. Kirkpatrick and Wilberg; setting Lovrien) (1987/2017)
- Biergarten Mazurka
- Christmas Sing-Along (1997)
- Colonial Medley (as arranger) (2005)
- Diminished Minor Alterations (2018)
- The Hill Country Theme (as arranger) (1966/2019)
- Karusselbrise (Carousel Breeze)
- Lakeshore Picnic
- Last Silent Noël (as arranger) (2018)
- Midwesterner, The
- Minor Alterations (2007)
- Minor Alterations No 2 (2010/2013)
- Monkey Business
- Old Ironsides (as arranger)
- Procession of Nations
- Seven Cities of Gold (2003)
- Texas, Our Texas (as arranger) (1924/2018)
- Texas Star (1997/2007)
- A Texas Tribute (2021)
- To Awaken a Sleeping Giant
- Tubilustrium (2001)