Chris Sharp (b. 22 October 1959, Rockledge, Fla.) is a professional trombonist, composer, arranger, and orchestrator.
Educated at the University of Florida (bachelor's in theory and composition and Ph.D. in composition) and University of Miami (master's in studio writing and production), he has served the music field in a wide range of capacities. As a trombonist, Dr. Sharp worked as a full-time performing musician and bandleader at Walt Disney World for 13 years. In addition, he has served as an arranger and orchestrator for Disney parks worldwide since 1984, providing music for atmosphere groups, live shows, recording sessions, and national television broadcasts. He has also written for numerous freelance clients including Universal Studios, Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, the Boston Pops, the Dallas Brass, and several service bands, including the famed USAF Airmen of Note.
Dr. Sharp is an active music educator, with experience teaching at the middle school, high school, and college levels. He served as director of bands at Santa Fe College in Gainesville, where he also served as discipline coordinator for the music area, developing curricula and degree tracks. Prior, he spent four years as band director at West Orange High School in Orlando.
Dr. Sharp has served as a clinician and guest conductor on numerous occasions, and has extensive experience as an adjudicator, having judged for several organizations, including Bands of America and Drum Corps International. Having received the ASCAPlus award multiple times, Dr. Sharp’s compositions and arrangements for concert and jazz band have enjoyed widespread performances, including annual appearances at the Midwest Clinic.
Dr. Sharp currently  serves as assistant professor of music at the University of Lynchburg (Va.).
Works for Winds
- All-American, The
- American Spectacular, An (as arranger)
- Buccaneer Hornpipe
- Christmas Spectacular, A (as arranger) (2012)
- Cotton-Eyed Joe (as arranger)
- Danse Antiqua
- Feliz Navidad (as arranger) (2011)
- Flying Colors
- Hanukkah Highlights (2006)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Swing (2013)
- Hymn to the Heartland (2018)
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (arr Sharp) (as arranger)
- Jing, Jing, Jingle (as arranger) (2015)
- Juju Dance
- Lullaby (Sharp)
- Mount Rockmore
- Our Song Shall Rise
- Rigaudon (as arranger) (1712/2018)
- Selections from "Carmen" (as arranger) (1875/2018)
- Showstoppin' Christmas, A
- Stowaway on Santa's Sleigh, A (as arranger) (2008)
- Trumpets Rock!
- Vikings Victorious
- Vision Quest
- Visions of Sugar Plums
- Windermere Overture
- Chris Sharp, personal correspondence, April 2019
- Chris Sharp website Accessed 23 December 2018
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Chris Sharp." Accessed 23 December 2018