Chen Dan (b. 11 June 1967, Huangshi, Hubei Province, People's Republic of China) is a Chinese composer and arranger. (Chen is the family name.)
In 1981, Chen was admitted to the Military Band of the People's Liberation Army, majoring in flute performance, under Mr. Yang Weipu. In 1997 he was appointed composer for the band. He now serves as one of the full-time staff composers for The Military Band of the People’s Liberation Army of China.
Works for Winds
- Chao Tian Que (1998)
- The Love Song of Kangding (as arranger) (1999)
- March of the College Students
- Ode to the Motherland (as arranger) (2013)
- Tone Sketch in Five Pieces (2006)
- The Horizon Leans Forward..., compiled and edited by Erik Kar Jun Leung, GIA Publications, 2021, p. 286.
- Kirk Saville, personal correspondence, 31 March 2015