Brian Bankston (b. 5 January 1974, Gadsden, Ala.) is an American composer, arranger, educator, saxophonist and guitarist.
Mr. Bankston received a Master of Music degree in saxophone performance with a concentration in composition and jazz studies from Eastern Illinois University and a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Jacksonville State University.
Bankston's music draws from a large bag of rhythm, bass, harmony and melody that offers a variety of style and mood giving his compositions a unique signature. His compositions are designed to focus on the needs of young concert bands and jazz ensembles, but are acceptable for any level.
His experience teaching music at all levels has given him the insight to invent fun, creative and playable works that present the fundamentals of music to students of all ages.
Works for Winds
All Wind Works
- The Blacksmith's Blade (2020)
- Bravo Zulu (2020)
- Bravo Zulu (Flex instrumentation) (2020)
- Hawk Moon (2017)
- Shadow of the Samurai (2017)
- Shadow of the Samurai (Flex instrumentation) (2020)
- Talon (2020)
- "Brian Bankston." C.L. Barnhouse Company. Web. Accessed 18 December 2020