Barry Milner (b. 1973, Kentucky) is an American educator and composer.
Mr. Milner earned two bachelor's degrees, one in music composition and one in music education, and completed a master's degree at the University of Arkansas, where he had a full scholarship. A music composer since high school, he had his first work published in 2005.
Milner grew up in Cynthiana, Kentucky, in a non-musical family. His father was a heavy-equipment operator who worked in construction. Milner learned to play a musical instrument, the euphonium, in seventh grade.
He also started composing music. Among his first compositions was Air for Trumpet and Band, which he wrote for a friend. His high school director chose it to be performed at the band's final concert of Milner's senior year. After he graduated, Milner worked as a music instructor at his high school while earning bachelor's degrees at Morehead State University.
Works for Winds
- Ancient Lands (2015)
- Atlantis: Lost City of the Ancients (2010)
- Dragon Quest (2017)
- Echoes of Eternity (2014)
- Epic (2015)
- The Gentle Aire (2012)
- In Honor of the Fallen (2007)
- The Light Shines in the Darkness (2011)
- An October Sky (2019)
- Of a Nostalgic Notion (2017)
- On Wings of Angels (2009)
- Serenade for Horn and Band (2015)
- Two Celtic Tunes (as arranger) (2016)
- An Unending Legacy (2008)
- Barry Milner website Accessed 1 Jun 2018
- Jackson, Jennifer. "Mr. Milner's Opus: New Band Teacher Shares His Story," Lovely County Citizen (Eureka Springs, Ark.), 22 August 2014 Accessed 5 January 2016