Ayatey Shabazz (b. 1971, Biloxi, Miss.) is an American composer, arranger, educator, and clinician.
Mr. Shabazz received his formal training from the University of Southern Mississippi. He studied composition and arranging under Dr. Albert Gower, who inspired him to make composing his life work. Mr. Shabazz is very active as an arranger/composer for many high school and college programs as well as other idioms of music such as drum corps, jazz, film and television projects. He also travels extensively conducting clinics, adjudicating concert festivals and marching band contests, and is a Pro-Mark educator endorser. Shabazz has taught beginning through high school band.
He is the founder, president and CEO of The Devmusic Company and Devmusic Educational Systems.
Mr. Shabazz holds membership in American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers, The Recording Academy, National Federation of High Schools, the National Music Educators Conference, AFM Local 47, the Universal Code council, the Mississippi Bandmasters Association, and Texas Music Educators Association.
Works for Winds
- Adventures (2007)
- Christmas Fantasia (2007)
- From the Eye of the Storm (2006)
- Infinite Horizon (2010)
- In His Grace (2007)
- In Pursuit of Troy (2006)
- Of Honor and Valor Eternal (2005)
- On Freedom's Wings (2005)
- A Quiet Journey Home (2006)
- Red Tails (2020)
- The Sea at Night (2019)
- Toward the North Star (2008)
- Devmusic Publishing Accessed 17 March 2021
- The Horizon Leans Forward…, compiled and edited by Erik Kar Jun Leung, GIA Publications, 2021, p. 467.