Ave Maria (Memley)
Kevin A Memley (arr. Hazzard)
This article is a stub. If you can help add information to it,
please join the WRP and visit the FAQ (left sidebar) for information.
Duration: c. 4:10
Difficulty: III (see Ratings for explanation)
Orignal Medium: Chorus
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Cost: Score and Parts - $60.00 | Score Only - $7.50
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Originally a composition for chorus by Kevin A. Memley, this adaptation by Preston Hazzard makes expert use of the various tone colors available for band. Cascading waterfall effects are represented in the mallet percussion and woodwinds, while an underlying rhythmic texture provides a flowing background for the lyric melody. The piece builds nicely to a full band climax before returning to a quiet and delicate mood for the close.
- Program Note from publisher
- Audio CD: Creekview High School Wind Symphony (Preston Hazzard, conductor) - 2011
- Texas: III. Complete
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Clovis (Calif.) North High School Concert Band (Jose Vargas, conductor) -16 March 2018 (2018 Sutherland Wind Festival (Fresno, Calif.)
- Clovis North High School (Calif.) Symphonic Band (David Lesser, conductor) - 2 October 2014
- Creekview High School (Carrollton, Tx.) Wind Symphony (John Whitwell, conductor) – 16 December 2011 (2011 Midwest Clinic)
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Alleluiah (2008)
- Ave Maria (Memley) (arr. Hazzard)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Kevin Memley." Accessed 3 October 2014.