Subtitle: Scherzo for Band
Duration: c. 3:40
Difficulty: IV (see Ratings for explanation)
Publisher: Ludwig Masters
Cost: Score and Parts - $45.00
For availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
B-flat Contrabass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
Cornets /B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
(percussion detail desired)
None discovered thus far.
Based on the Greek legend of the three fates, Atropos being the goddess charged with the duty of cutting off the thread of life, this scherzo for band is filled with the tension, the urgency, and the sense of inevitability which are inherent in the subject.
- Program Note from Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music
- Tennessee: III
- Virginia: IV
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- Chester County (Penn.) Concert Band (David W. Reif, conductor) - 3 May 2015
- Bonneville High School (Ogden, Utah) Wind Ensemble (Mark Angus, conductor) - 2010
Works for Winds by This Composer
- Air for Band
- Atropos (1966)
- Benediction (Weiner)
- Chorale and Fugue
- Daedalic Symphony (1968)
- Heritage Encyclopedia of Band Music. "Lawrence Weiner." Accessed 16 April 2015.
- Weiner, L. (1966). Atropos: Scherzo for Band [score]. Ludwig Music: Cleveland.