Andrew C. Fox
Andrew Criddle Fox (c. 1935, Oxford, Miss. – 12 August 2021, Oxford) was an American pianist, composer, arranger and music educator.
Dr. Fox was a band student in the Oxford public school band program under the direction of Mr. Bob Work and was a trumpet player in the first Mississippi Lions All-State Band in 1950. Dr. Fox was a University of Mississippi graduate and taught 32 years in the department of music at the university.
Fox was a prolific arranger with hundreds of marching band, concert band, jazz band, choral, orchestral and ensemble arrangements to his credit. He was staff arranger for the Ole Miss Marching Band in the late 1960s through the mid-1970s. During this time, he wrote every arrangement the marching band performed. Fox also has composed many original band compositions, of which many have been published and performed by bands across the nation. Several of his arrangements and compositions were written for the Lafayette/Oxford/University Community Band, which he conducted for years. Fox played keyboards in many different bands in the Mid-South area.
Works for Winds
- American Pioneer Suite (1976)
- At the Races (2009)
- Commencement Processional
- Hymn for the Harvest (1981)
- "Andrew Criddle Fox." The Oxford Eagle, 17 August 2021. Web. Accessed 1 September 2022
- "Wind ensemble performs music of storied Oxford and Ole Miss band director and composer." Hotty Toddy, 13 November 2012. Web. Accessed 1 September 2022