All Through the Night (arr. Nestico)
Welsh folk song arranged by Sammy Nestico
Duration: c. 3:30
Difficulty: III (see Ratings for explanation)
Original Medium: Folk song
Publisher: Kendor Music Inc.
Cost: Score and Parts – Out of print.
For availability information, see Discussion tab, above.
E-flat Soprano Clarinet
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
E-flat Alto Clarinet
B-flat Bass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Cornet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II-III-IV
None discovered thus far.
Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night) is a Welsh song sung to a tune that was first recorded in Edward Jones' Musical and Poetical Relics of the Welsh Bards (1784). The most commonly sung Welsh lyrics were written by John Ceiriog Hughes (1832-1887). The song is highly popular with traditional Welsh male voice choirs, and is sung by them at festivals in Wales and around the world.
The song is also sometimes considered a Christmas carol, and as such has been performed by many artists on Christmas albums.
- Program Note from Wikipedia
(Needed - please join the WRP if you can help.)
None discovered thus far.
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- East Tennessee State University (Johnson City) Concert Band (Joe D. Moore, conductor) - 11 March 2021
- Surrey Police Band (Hay-on-Wye, U.K.) - 5 August 2018
Works for Winds by This Composer
- All Through the Night (as arranger) (1964)
- American Originals (as arranger) (1989)
- Apotheosis (1968)
- Armed Forces Medley (as arranger)
- The Boys of Wexford (as arranger) (1963/2007)
- Christmas Joy (1971)
- A Fireside Christmas (as arranger) (1992)
- Good Swing Wenceslas (as arranger) (2006)
- The Greenbriars of Wexley (1966)
- Jingle Bells (as arranger)
- Los Valientes (1979/1991)
- March for the Young
- Malagueña (as arranger)
- Marines' Hymn Apotheosis. See: Apotheosis
- Pacific Island Fantasy (1980)
- Persuasion (2001)
- Portrait of a Trumpet (1965)
- Reflective Mood (1964)
- Rhapsody for Concert Band and Jazz Ensemble (as arranger) (1975)
- Rhapsody for Flugelhorn
- Salute to American Jazz (as arranger) (1994)
- Shield of Freedom (1982)
- The Silver Quill (with Harpham) (1967)
- A Tribute to Harry James (2006)
- Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr
- A Tribute to Stephen Foster (as arranger) (1968)
- Two Christmas Carols (1972)
- Two Folk Songs
- Vaquero (arr. Bocook) (1967)
- When You Wish Upon a Star (as arranger) (1940/1976)
- Ar Hyd y Nos, Wikipedia Accessed 11 March 2021
- Nestico, S. (1964). All Through the Night [score]. Kendor Music: Delevan, N.Y.