Air from County Derry
Traditional tune arranged by Joseph Kreines
B-flat Soprano Clarinet I-II-III
B-flat Bass Clarinet
B-flat Contrabass Clarinet
E-flat Alto Saxophone I-II
B-flat Tenor Saxophone
E-flat Baritone Saxophone
B-flat Trumpet I-II-III
Horn in F I-II
- Suspended Cymbal
None discovered thus far.
This striking orchestration of the Northern Irish melody that underlies the song Danny Boy offers intermediate and advanced concert bands an opportunity to explore the tune's soaring beauty through broad and colourful phrasing, rich harmonic motion and subtly shaded counterlines. The exquisite melody is passed around to each section, creating a true ensemble work.
-Program Note from publisher
Dedicated to the students of Andrew Jackson Middle School Band, Titusville, Florida, James Matthews, director.
-Program Note form score
- Audio: Reference recording. Ensemble and conductor unknown
- Audio CD: Dallas Wind Symphony (Howard Dunn, conductor)
- Florida: III
- Georgia: II
- Maryland: II
- Tennessee: II
To submit a performance please join The Wind Repertory Project
- State University of New York Buffalo Wind Ensemble (Cassidy Faddis, conductor) - 10 November 2021
- Golden Valley High School (Merced, Calif.) Symphonic Band (Michael A. Vasquez, conductor) - 20 March 2015 (2015 Sutherland Wind Festival (Fresno, Calif.)
- Southwest Miami (Fla.) High School Symphonic Winds - December 2013
- Kreines, J.; Kirchoff, C. (2001). Air from County Derry [score]. Boosey & Hawkes: New York.